This page has been updated 26.7.2019.
Philosophy of life
My philosophy of life is to do things that I like and enjoy. My decisions in business environment and in free time are directed by this vision. When I start something, I will give my 100 per cent for that. I get things done. It is important to find a job that offers potential for developing skills, which I want to be best at. Also, I want commit to my job and say “this is how WE do things at…” (put your company name here).
My education is Master of Business and Administration (M.B.A). My field of interest is data-driven digital marketing
Now to the serious talk. My main digital marketing expertise is from the following areas:
– Facebook advertising
– Search engine optimization
– Google Adwords
Lately, I have been interested in strategic decision-making and digital strategy of eCommerce companies. How different channels are supporting each other? How budgeting is affecting to results? I like to be analytical and back up decisions with numbers. I have expertise from the following tools:
– Google Analytics (tracking multiple channels, segmenting)
– Microsoft Excel (pivots, charts, formulas)
– Power Editor and Smartly (Facebook marketing tools)
…and hundreds of tools not listed here.
Digital marketer cannot do ones job if not familiar with data. I like to work individually and be effective. Still, it is nice to speak with people and share some thoughts. Best ideas comes from sharing own views.
Current Responsibilites (experience)
eCommerce & Data Science Advisor
Making smart analyses that support the growth of an international e-commerce company(+10M€ annual sales). Providing knowledge and advice on digital marketing, machine learning,and data analytics for practical use cases in co-operation with my colleague Joni Salminen.
Lead Digital Marketing Strategist
I see business opportunities.
During my two years in Parcero I noticed unveiled business potential in digital advertising. In the late 2017, we created together with Ilkka Kaate the business model canvas for scaling up our advertising team and project sizes. During 2018, we have hired new professionals, started new advertising channels, and acquired new customers. This has been possible due to Parcero’s open culture to step up with your ideas, and with the huge support from the founders.
My responsibilities are changing based on where my know-how is needed. Here are my main responsibilities:
• member of the executive group
• strategic business decisions and development projects
• media planning and execution of digital marketing (B2B, B2C, international)
• assisting in other areas, such as, recruiting and sales
Digital Marketing Manager
Managing the entire digital marketing process of an ecommerce company in co-operation with my colleague Joni Salminen.
Helped grow the business from 200k€ to +3M€ in sales. My main responsibilities are:
• managing international online marketing team (in-house + freelancers)
• creating marketing strategies, plans, and budgets
• hands-on execution of digital marketing (this will keep you mind fresh!)
Focus on high performance and experimentation with growth hacking spirit in the following ares: Facebook Ads, Google Ads, SEO, conversion optimisation, email, Google Analytics, and data science analyses.
Tmi Tommi Salenius
Entrepreneur (workshops and public speaking – topics: advertising and analytics)
Once in a while I am asked to help in digital marketing so I started my own one man company. I never want to miss an opportunity to learn something new and interesting while helping others and growing businesses.
• Mainly I have done workshops and lecturing about different topics of digital marketing (strategy, data analysis, ecommerce, paid advertising, SEO etc.)
• Lecturing in Turku Summer University
• Workshops for variety of SME’s from B2B and B2C (e.g. transportation and software industries)
• Public Speaking in eCommerce + Shop Tech exhibition (4,397 attendees)
Master of Business and Administration (M.B.A)
Major: Information System Science // Minors: Marketing and Computer Science